You didn’t expect that one day you may find a virus hiding in your PC. But you continue receiving warnings informing you about an uninvited guest. Even after much effort you are still confused and at a loss. The only questioin going through your head now is what kind of malware is poisoning your system?! Looking at the characteristics of the threat, it might be possible that you are accomodating the Generic DX trojan. So what are the features of this trojan?
It was discovered that Generic DX trojan has the power to perform the following functions:
- Stops access to a few security-related Web sites by modifying the hosts file.
- Sets the drive to autoplay by creating a autorun.inf file in its root directory. If the drive is shared over the network then other remote computers become subject to the infection when they attempt to access this network share.
- Creates a startup registry entry.
In order not to be infected with Generic DX never visit unknown and untrusted sites as various trojans and other type of malware can be automatically downloaded and in this way installed onto your computer.
In order to detect the Generic.dx trojan which may be planted in your system, it is advisable to consider the following symptoms:
- Your PC is very slow.
- New desktop shortcuts appear or the home page changes.
- Irritating popups continuously appear on your PC.
- Unknown e-mails are sent from your mailbox.
In hopes of helping to diagnose the potential illness your computer is suffering, it would be wise to remember the symptoms of Generic dx. Only then, can you take a step forward in the elimination of the infection.