Registrar Registry Manager Lite 6.00 by Resplendence Software Projects gives a complete and secure solution to administrators and power users for maintaining the registry. It is a trusty fully developed registry manager with great features.
This program encompasses not only general features such as regedit.exe and regedt32.exe which are offered by the native Windows registry editors, but Registrar Registry Manager also provides a solution for backing up and restoring registries. Alongside other features, this software provides fast background search and replace, a bookmark editor with categories supporting key coloring and adding descriptions to registry keys and values, detailed property pages and tools for easy navigation. Apart from that the program provides multi-level undo, this enables users to individually undo all registry changes.
However, Registrar doesn't protect you from errors. Therefore, you should know what you're doing when working with the Registry.
You get all the benefits from this registry editing tool as it also offers a registry defragmenter, a registry monitor which logs l changes made to the registry by external programs and security editors that give you the possibility to set access restrictions on your registry keys.
Registrar Registry Manager can boast about its common and user friendly interface which allows users to promptly find the keys and values they need. Further, users are likely to find that the interface is similar to Windows Explorer as users can use the navigation buttons to brows through the registry. Users can also use drag & drop or the clipboard to copy and move registry keys.
What is more, the address bar gives immediate access to the registry key of your choice. This description bar allows you to add notes to keys and values.
It should be emphasized that Registrar Registry Manager Lite is free and with no timeout. Still, it provides a commercial upgrade with more features for advanced users.
Version 6.00 has a few new features that are stated below:
- Registrar Command Line Edition is now freely included with Registrar Registry Manager,
- Support for Windows Server 2008:Registrar Registry Manager now runs on Windows Server 2008,
- Support for Windows Vista Service Pack 1:Registrar Registry Manager now runs on all editions of Windows Vista including Service Pack 1 (and x64 editions),
- Last write time of registry keys now displayed:Registry editing windows now also show the last write time of every registry key,
- Registry Backup default folder change:The default backup folder for registry backups has moved to the Application Data folder in the light of Windows Vista restrictions,
- Registry Backup notification message: While a registry backup takes place, a message is put up with bold red text saying that while a registry backup takes place, the system may appear as locked up and the process really several minutes,
- Reduced flicker: The buffering properties of trees and views were changed to reduce the amount of flicker when moving the cursor over the items.
This program is compatible with the following Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008.