Symantec Corp. manufacturers of Norton security software, recently introduced its fresh remote PC help service, Norton Premium Services (www.norton.com/tuneup), which aims at delivering helpful PC assistance. Created for computer users who don't have the desire, time or are not able to constantly maintain their PC. Now, they don't need to go to a computer shop and ask for help from an IT support agent as they can do this over a safe Internet connection.
The service offers comprehensive PC help involving:
- Spyware & Virus Removal Service: Pretty self-explanatory;
- PC checkup Service: Diagnose your PC and have an expert recommend measures to take;
- Green PC Service: Optimize power management on your PC and save electricity;
- Expert Installation Service: Help installing, uninstalling and configuring Symantec products;
- PC Tune-up Service: Diagnose problems on your PC (like Checkup service) and tune the PC up to improve performance and reliability.
Norton Premium Services realizes the necessity of reliable on-call PC help. Take into consideration the figures below:
- In 2008 slow performance was the greatest complaint in a sample of one million PC help calls.
- A Fall 2008 IT Support study indicates that 44% of respondents need help repairing the main computer problems and either pay an IT expert or ask for help from a friend or family member.
- 42% of the respondents address an IT support expert for PC freezes or crashes and problems connected to the Internet or setting up their computer.
- To get PC help customers simply call 1-800-917-9152. In this way, they are allowed to diagnose and fix computer problems over a secure Internet connection.
A Norton PC expert will remotely connect to a customer's computer to perform a diagnostic check and recommended services, when the PC user is on the phone. Fortunately, once the Norton PC expert performs a primary diagnostic service, the customer doesn't have to wait at his or her computer while the agent fixes the PC problem.
Overall, Norton Premium Services address today's most popular PC complaints and PC maintenance needs.